Roger S. Aceves was first elected to Goleta City Council in 2006 and was reelected in 2010 and 2014. He served as Mayor in 2009 and again in 2012.
Meetings with Councilmember Aceves are available upon request. Please click here to contact him.
Councilmember Aceves sits on the following City committees:
- Finance and Audit Standing Committee
- Ordinance Review Standing Committee
- Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Standing Committee
- Solid Waste Issues Standing Committee
- Fire Station Development Ad Hoc Committee
He also serves as the City’s representative to the following organizations:
- California Joint Powers Insurance Authority
- Center for Urban Agricultural at Fairview Gardens
- Regional Integrated Waste Management Reporting Authority
Aceves worked in law enforcement for over 32 years and retired in May of 2007. He began his career in the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department and finished his law enforcement career at the Police Department for the City of Santa Barbara. Aceves is a graduate of the prestigious Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) National Academy in Quantico, Virginia.
Aceves served as El Presidente for Old Spanish Days in Santa Barbara in 2001, and is a former Governor's appointee to the board of the 19th Agricultural District that runs Earl Warren Showgrounds. He served as President of the Board for four years. He is also active in many nonprofit organizations, including the Dos Pueblos High School Foundation, the Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) and Friendship Center Board of Directors.
Aceves has been married to his wife Debby for 40 years, and they have been Goleta residents since 1982.