Stuart Kasdin was elected to the City Council in November 2016. His term began on December 6, 2016, where he was selected as Mayor Pro Tempore.
Meetings are available with Mayor Pro Tempore Kasdin upon request. Please click here to contact him.
Mayor Pro Tempore Kasdin sits on the following City committees:
- Town and Gown Standing Committee
- Grant Funding Review Standing Committee
- Economic Development and Revitalization Standing Committee
- Finance and Audit Standing Committee
- Naming Standing Committee
- Revenue Neutrality Ad Hoc Agreement Committee
- Legislative Issues Committee
- Santa Barbara Airport Support Property Development Review Committee
Prior to joining the city council, Kasdin worked as an assistant professor at Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Pubic Administration, George Washington University. His research and classes covered issues related to public administration and governmental budgeting. He left the position to be with his family in Goleta.
He received a PhD in Political Science in 2009 from University of California, Santa Barbara. Prior to that he received dual Masters, one in Agricultural and Resource Economics and a Masters in International Agricultural Development from the University of California, Davis. He also received a BA in History from State University of New York, Binghamton, Binghamton, NY.
Kasdin lives in western Goleta with his wife and son.