Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the Cox Cable Discount Program?
The City of Goleta Cox Cable Discount Program offers 40% off basic cable service for applicants who reside within the boundaries of Goleta and meet certain criteria.
What criteria are required for cable discount eligibility?
1) 65 years of age or older, and a maximum adjusted gross income, per most recent California Income Tax Return, as follows: a. $16,130.00 Individual; or b. $24,180.00 Household;
- OR -
2) Disabled and received SSI/SSD
Does the program have an expiration time-frame?
The discount program runs annually, from July 1 to June 30, and enrollees must re-apply each year for their benefits to continue. For those currently participating in the program, the City of Goleta will send out renewal notice reminders in late May. Discount benefits will apply upon our approval of the application, and will not be backdated.
What documents are required when submitting my application?
- All applicants must submit proof of age (Driver’s License, passport, etc.)
- Eligibility for cable discount must be re-certified in the event of a change of address.
- The City of Goleta reserves the right to require documentation of any information provided.
- Your signature on the Cable Discount Program Application authorizes the State of California to release your income tax records to the City for income verification.
- Your signature on the Cable Discount Program Application authorizes the Social Security Administration to release proof of your SSI/SSD qualification due to permanent disability.
I don’t live in the City of Goleta. Does Cox Cable offer discount programs in surrounding counties?
If you live outside Goleta’s city limits, the City of Santa Barbara and the County of Santa Barbara also provide a discounted Cox Cable program:
For the City of Santa Barbara Cox Discount information call: (805)564-5342
For the County of Santa Barbara Cox Discount information call: (805)681-4200