We want to hear from you! Join us for an upcoming workshop on this project where you will view three design options for Hollister Avenue and provide your feedback.
- Community Workshop (for residents and visitors to the area) - March 13, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. at the Goleta Valley Community Center (5679 Hollister Avenue)
- Old Town Business Workshop (for business owners and employees) - March 14, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. at the Goleta Valley Community Center (5679 Hollister Avenue)
To have information on this project delivered via email, sign up here. For more project details, check out our flyer in English and our flyer in Spanish.
City of Goleta under TIGER VI Discretionary Grants Program received funds to develop a Complete Streets Corridor Plan along Hollister Avenue, between Fairview Avenue and SR 217 in the City of Goleta.
Hollister Avenue serves as a main corridor in Old Town providing access to the businesses and neighborhoods. The City of Goleta, would like to undertake development of this Plan along Hollister Avenue to prioritize and enhance safety, access and mobility for all modes of transportation.
The project is aimed at developing a Corridor Plan through direct community engagement and coordinated efforts of the stakeholders that will:
- Make Old Town street safer for all travel modes
- Reduce cut-through traffic through Old Town
- Provide safe and convenient multi-modal connections to residents, employees, and visitors
- Improve the quality of life by making Hollister Avenue appealing to walk, cycle, drive, shop and dine
For a project overview, click here.
Funding for this project is a combination of funds from the Old Town CIP Reserve fund, Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP) funds, Goleta Transportation Improvement Program, LRDP, CDBG, and TIGER Grant funding.
Teresa Lopes, P.E.