Click here to see an enlarged version of the Complete Streets Project Schedule.
Descriptions of tasks:
- Inventory Existing Conditions: Group will review and consolidate planned projects. Group will also review City and County's development policies and guidelines.
- Project Management & Stakeholders Group: Coordination between the City, consultants and stakeholders on this Plan in order to maximize resources and project transparency to the public. This group will meet throughout the project.
- Public Outreach: The City will request input from the people who live, work and play in Goleta. The involvement of residents, employees, business owners and visitors is critical to the Plan's success.
- Identify Issues & Analyze Needs: A comprehensive evaluation of the Hollister Avenue corridor under existing and future conditions. The City and consultants will look into issues such as traffic volumes, collision history, handicapped accessibility, deficiencies in pedestrian and bicycle facilities, and public input results.
- Develop Alternatives: Based on public input and engineering assessment, the City and consultants will develop alternatives to existing conditions that are feasible to be implemented.
- Final Plan: A final plan to be prepared by the City and consultants, taking into consideration enhancement of traffic operations, safety, mobility and connnectivity for all modes of transportation.