Devereux Creek Clean-Up
- Date: 08/24/2019 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: Corner of Phelps Road and Cannon Green Drive
Goleta, California 93117
Help the Environmental Defense Center, City of Goleta, and Santa Barbara Urban Creeks Council remove trash from Devereux Creek! Participants should bring a hat and/or sunscreen, sturdy shoes, and drinking water in a reusable container. Contact Brian Trautwein for more information or to RSVP: BTrautwein@EnvironmentalDefenseCenter.org or 805-963-1622 x108. View the flyer here.
Litter washing off streets through storm drains into the stream is a threat to wildlife in the creek, the Devereux Slough, and the Pacific Ocean.
There are six creek clean-ups scheduled in Goleta this summer and fall. Last year, over 100 volunteers and partners, including City of Goleta, Santa Barbara County, and Urban Creeks Council, removed 4,748 pounds of trash from Goleta’s creeks!
- August 24 - Devereux Creek
- September 7 - Glen Annie Creek
- September 14 (United Way Day of Caring) - San Pedro Creek
- September 28 (Creek Week) - San Jose Creek
- October 5 - Maria Ygnacio Creek
- October 26 - Atascadero Creek