Stay Informed and Connected Goleta!
Reminder to Read the Monarch Press and Send us Photos for #GoodLandGoodPeople and #GoletaToGo
The new Monarch Press is ready to view at GoletaMonarchPress.com! Please take time out to read this monthly Goleta news magazine which is packed with information that will keep you informed and connected to the City of Goleta, especially during this challenging time. Here are the important topics included:
- Process Underway to Slowly Re-Open the City
- Face Coverings Required at Essential Businesses
- Updates Approved to City’s Urgency Ordinance on Evictions
- City of Goleta Assists Homeless Population During COVID-19 Crisis
- Support Goleta To Go Campaign with Photos
- Keep Sending us Your #GoodLandGoodPeople Photos
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month
- Helpful Resources During COVID-19
- Ways to Volunteer
- Warning Regarding Scams Targeting Public During COVID-19 Crisis
- Thank You to Our Amazing Public Works Department
- Old Town Sidewalk Project Wraps-Up Phase One
- Caltrans Seeking Public Comment Regarding Two Separate Bridge Replacement Projects
- Installing Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Just Got Easier
- Every day is Earth Day
- Virtual Open House on Refugio Beach Oil Spill Restoration Proposals
- Goleta’s Newly Adopted Zoning Ordinance is Online
- Stay Active at Home with Virtual Recreation Ideas
- Connected 2050 Launches: A Long-Term Plan on Transportation, Housing, and Jobs
- Meet Our New Chief of Police Services and Community Resource Deputy
- City of Goleta Census 2020 Self-Response Rate Continues to Climb
- Wildfire Preparedness
- Live Tech Tutoring Now Available at Goleta Valley Library
- New! Goleta Valley Library is now Offering Free Children’s Craft Kits
Please also continue to keep sending us photos for our #GoodLandGoodPeople and #GoletaToGo campaigns. These photos are keeping us all inspired and uplifted, and are supporting our local businesses. Your images will be shared on our Facebook (@CityofGoleta), and Instagram (@CityofGoleta) pages. We are excited to announce that we just reached 5,000 followers on Facebook and hope to continue to grow. We appreciate your help.
To participate in #GoodLandGoodPeople, please send the following types of photos to PIO@CityofGoleta.org:
- Creative ways you and your family are working/schooling/playing/staying busy during the Stay at Home Order.
- People in our Goleta community we can pay tribute to for helping others during this time. This includes medical professionals, grocery store workers, first responders and more.
- Uplifting images from our community that will make us smile.
The goal of #GoletaToGo is to rally support for our local restaurants during this COVID-19 crisis and Stay at Home Order by encouraging locals to order takeout or delivery from the more than 70 Goleta restaurants listed here.The City is taking this campaign a step further by asking community members to take a photo of themselves or their family getting takeout or delivery from a Goleta restaurant and sending it to PIO@CityofGoleta.org with a mention of their favorite menu item.
We are so lucky to live in such a supportive community. The City of Goleta is committed to not only keeping you informed, but also keeping us all connected and close during this challenging time.