Goleta City Council to Receive Update on City Finances and the Impacts of the COVID-19 Crisis
Public Hearing Also Scheduled for Solid Waste Rate Increase and Council to Discuss Recommendation for Ballot Measure to Decide Two vs. Four Year Mayoral Term
- Council will receive a financial update on the City through the third quarter of FY 2019/20. The report also includes adjustments to the budget related to the COVID-19 pandemic. The full staff report is available here: https://tinyurl.com/y92aeukb.
- Council will hear plans for additional Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding to be used for Goleta-specific assistance to nonprofits and residents who need help during the current COVID-19 pandemic. Read the full staff report here: https://tinyurl.com/yd46sbu4.
- Council will consider possible approval of the City partnering with local organizations to provide small business, nonprofit, and individual assistance programs. Read the full staff report at https://tinyurl.com/y8em64qg.
- A public hearing will be conducted for a solid waste rate increase scheduled to begin on July 1, 2020. Pursuant to Proposition 218, residents have opportunity to oppose the increase. Verbal and written comments will be accepted. Read the full staff report here: https://tinyurl.com/y82vwrl7.
- Council will consider a recommendation from the Public Engagement Commission for a November 2020 ballot measure to increase the Mayor’s term from two years to four years. Read the full staff report here: https://tinyurl.com/y9qgp5kr.
How to Participate in the Virtual Goleta City Council Meeting
Participation by E-mail
As always, public comment on agenda items can be submitted by email to the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit written comments by noon on Monday prior to the City Council meeting to ensure Council and staff have the ability to review comments before the meeting. Comments e-mailed during the meeting will be read by the City Clerk aloud as long as they are submitted prior to the close of the agenda item they pertain to and that the reading does not exceed three minutes. Please state in your e-mail that you would like your comments “read into the record”. E-mail comments received after an agenda item will be placed into the record and distributed appropriately.
Participation by Phone
For community members who want to participate in the meeting by phone:
- Email email@example.com to be added to the speaker list. Please state your name, your phone number and indicate which item you would like to speak on.
- Dial-in 10 minutes prior to the start of the meeting (5:30 p.m.): Toll-Free Dial-in: (866) 580-6521 Participant passcode: 72295187 followed by #
- PLEASE MUTE YOUR PHONE UNTIL YOU ARE CALLED TO SPEAK. If you do not have a mute button, you may mute by pressing the star key followed by the number six (* 6). You can unmute by pressing the same keys (* 6). Comments from the public are limited to 3 minutes per speaker.
- Please be respectful and mindful while making your comment; children may be watching the broadcast of the meeting and appropriate language is expected.
Watch the Council Meeting Live
We encourage you to watch City Council meetings live on Channel 19 or live on our website at https://tinyurl.com/GoletaMeetings. If you miss the meeting, it is rebroadcast on Channel 19 Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., and is available to watch at any time on the City website. Sign up to receive an agenda sent to you via email or text here: https://tinyurl.com/y36ervg4.
Pictured: Screen image from second virtual City Council meeting on April 21, 2020.