Info on Green Business Academy and Weekly Facebook Webinar Series
The City of Goleta is proud to continue our partnership with the Green Business Program of Santa Barbara County and wants to notify you about the upcoming virtual Green Business Academy on May 26 as well as a weekly Facebook webinar series which starts TOMORROW, May 20.
The Green Business Academy is an introduction for local businesses who would like to gain certification through the Green Business Program. The Academy will be held virtually on May 26 at 1:00 p.m. RSVP to Frances Gilliland at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the webinar link.
Also starting tomorrow, the California Green Business Network is putting on a weekly Facebook webinar series intended to help businesses adapt and recover, build resilience, and incorporate sustainability for years to come in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. The free series is every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m.
Sign up at http://recoveryresilience.eventbrite.com
May 20th, 11 am-12 pm: Pivoting and Loan Forgiveness (https://www.facebook.com/events/884457288737753/)
- Business Pivot Panel: Successful pivots that will have lasting benefits. Featuring KitchenTown Cafe, Body Kinetics Gym, and Rafael Theater.
- Ensuring forgiveness of your SBA Loan and more available resources in case you didn't get one. Featuring Scott Rogalski, Norcal SBDC Finance Center
May 27th, 11 am-12 pm: Marketing, Social Media, Recovery Messaging (https://www.facebook.com/events/2835741609806725/)
- Featuring Kevin, CEO of Vonazon, Inc.
- Topics: Low hanging fruit, platforms to claim, expanding your audience, building a mailing list, and more...
June 3rd, 11 am-12:30 pm: Sustainability, Safety, Savings (https://www.facebook.com/events/565410400643295/)
- Featuring Santiago Ossa, PE, OSD, Geosyntec, & David Hodgins from the Sustento Group/LA Better Buildings Challenge!
- Balancing Sustainability Practices and Safety During COVID-19
- Saving Money Every Month: Energy and Water Conservation
June 10th, 11 am-12:30 pm: Beyond Crisis Management (https://www.facebook.com/events/536121497060651/)
- Negotiating your rent/lease, insurance options, and payroll protections for disaster preparedness. Featuring Thomas D. Morell, Real Estate Attorney and Nadra Ehrman of the Towbes Group (property management).
- Keeping the upside of the pandemic: Sustainable transportation and teleworking with guest speaker TBA!
Thank you to our local businesses for taking the initiative to operate more sustainably.