New Library Sidewalk Service and Book Return Hours Begin Today, July 15
New Video Released on How to Place a Hold
Effective today, July 15, Sidewalk Service hours have changed to Wednesdays through Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the Goleta Valley, Buellton, and Solvang Libraries. (Instead of Tuesdays through Saturdays from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) The change was made for more efficient use of staff resources for both online and curbside services during the hours with the highest demand. The book drops are open Tuesdays through Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Here are some important reminders about Sidewalk Service:
- All visitors must comply with social distancing rules. To receive service, everyone must wear a face covering and line up six feet apart on the sidewalk leading up to the library’s front walkway. Library staff will be following public health safety guidelines as well, wearing face coverings and gloves, and an apron if they are emptying the book drops. Please be respectful of other patrons and do not come if you are feeling ill.
- In order to receive sidewalk service and place holds, you must have a library card issued by Goleta Valley, Buellton or Solvang Libraries. To get a library card, go to your local branch during Sidewalk Service hours with verification of your address. You can also get one online at the Black Gold eCard Registration webpage that allows you access to all of the library’s downloadable services.
- To request books and other items, log on to your account with Black Gold and select your home library branch to see which items are available from any of the three branches, Goleta Valley, Buellton, or Solvang Library. Black Gold service, which ships books between library locations throughout seven tri-county jurisdictions, will not resume until later this year.
- Watch the Library’s new video for a tutorial on how to place a hold. It is important that you select your home library once logged into Black Gold, as books not owned by the Goleta Valley, Buellton, or Solvang libraries are not available to check-out.
- When your items are ready, you will receive a notice by email, text, or automated voice message. When you arrive at your local branch, you have three options to let the library staff know you are there:
Goleta Valley Library
- Library staff will be available via phone during Sidewalk Service hours (Wednesday – Saturday, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) to answer questions about your library card account and library services.
Keep up with all of the great programming from the Goleta Valley, Buellton and Solvang Libraries at www.GoletaValleyLibrary.org and on their social media channels: Facebook (@GoletaValleyLibrary) , Instagram (@GoletaValleyLibrary), and now YouTube.
On the new Goleta and Santa Ynez Valley Library YouTube Channel, you can watch recordings of instructional how-to videos, staff-led storytimes, craft tutorials, and videos from Goleta community members reading stories aloud as part of the library’s ongoing Special Guest Storytime project. In celebration of this new way of connecting via YouTube, the first 100 subscribers to the channel will be entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon eGift card, generously sponsored by the Friends of the Goleta Valley Library. Click here to subscribe today to enjoy fantastic content and to be entered to win!