Important Reminders to Help Us #reCOVERgoleta
As you drive around town, you will notice our colorful #reCOVERgoleta signs encouraging you to wear face coverings which are required outside the home. It is the easiest and best thing we can do to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. If you are in, or know of, a busy location that would benefit from a #reCOVERgoleta sign in front, please let us know by sending an e-mail to PIO@CityofGoleta.org. You can also view and print your own smaller version of our flyer in English and Spanish.
Pictured: #reCOVERgoleta sign at Camino Real Marketplace
Tips to Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
While we know you have probably heard these tips many times before, the City of Goleta wants to remind us all about some important guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Avoid social gatherings and close contact with people not from your household. If you have been in large crowds or around new people, be very cautious and stay away from the vulnerable until you are absolutely sure you did not contract the virus.
- Put distance of at least six feet between yourself and other people not from your household.
- Clean your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Everyone must wear a cloth face cover that covers their nose and mouth when they go out in public.
- Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Be alert for symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Especially important if you are running essential errands, going into the office or workplace, and in settings where it may be difficult to keep a physical distance of six feet
- Call your doctor if you have symptoms of COVID-19 - Be sure to call your doctor before going to their office.
Certain activities come with a higher risk of spreading COVID-19. Watch this video featuring Dr. Henning Ansorg with the Santa Barbara County Public Health Department to learn more about what factors you should consider when choosing activities for you and your loved ones.
For more information about how you can prevent getting and spreading the coronavirus and what steps the Santa Barbara County Public Health Department is taking to protect our communities, please visit: https://publichealthsbc.org/.