Ellwood Onshore Facility Box Fan Failure 06-12-10
At 06:20 a.m. on 6/12/10, during a routine facility inspection, smoke was noticed at the south end of the mechanics shop. Venoco staff investigated and found a small box fan (ventilation fan) had failed, ignited and was on fire. The fire was immediately extinguished with a fire extinguisher and Venoco made all required notifications per the facility Emergency Action Plan. The fan was removed and Venoco will perform a complete check of the fixture and related conduit prior to installing a new fan.