Learn What’s on Tonight’s (10/15) 5:30 p.m. Council Meeting Agenda
We hope you can join us in person or watch the Goleta City Council meeting tonight (October 15) at 5:30 p.m. This is the second council meeting at our new time. Closed session is at 4:00 p.m.
Tonight’s agenda includes:
- We honor and thank outgoing Neighborhood Services and Public Safety Senior Project Manager Jaime Valdez with a City Logo Tile commemorating his 12 plus years of outstanding service to the City.
- The City Council will consider initiating the processing of a Housing Element General Plan Amendment at a Public Hearing. Currently housing policy requires a certain number of new for-sale housing units be affordable at various income categories. The initiation would instruct staff to analyze a possible future amendment to expand the scope of the policy to include new rental housing units.
- Updated City Emergency Operations Plan: a guidebook of how the City will respond during a disaster.
- Determine representation with the City of Carpinteria for our shared seat on the Governing Boards of the Monterey Bay Community Power Community Choice Energy (CCE) Program. The CCE model puts energy purchasing and pricing options into the hands of local decision-makers and allows the community to determine what type of energy mix serves its needs. The cities will formally become members on December 4, 2019, and Goleta will be enrolled in Monterey Bay Community Power starting in 2021. Learn more about Monterey Bay Community Power here: www.mbcommunitypower.org, and stay tuned for more details.
- Request to donate outdated and/or inoperable computer workstations and equipment to the Santa Barbara County Education Office for the Computers for Families Program.
City Council meetings are held on the first and third Tuesdays of the month. You can attend meetings in person at Goleta City Hall Council Chambers (130 Cremona Drive, Suite B). If you are unable to come in person, you can watch meetings live or at your convenience on the City’s website. Council meetings are also aired live on Channel 19, and rebroadcast Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.Find out ahead of time what Council will be discussing during the meeting. Sign up here to have agendas sent to your inbox or cell phone. Confirm the meeting date ahead of time on the City Calendar.