Join Us Tonight (12/3) for Goleta City Council Meeting- Packed Agenda
We have a packed agenda for the Goleta City Council meeting tonight, December 3, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. and hope you will join us in person at City Hall located at 130 Cremona Drive or watch the meeting live from wherever you are (either on Channel 19 or on our website at https://tinyurl.com/GoletaMeetings.)
Here are just some of the items to look for tomorrow:
• We present our hard-working Community Resource Deputy Dave Valadez with a City Tile to thank him for the positive impact he has had on the City of Goleta and wish him well as he transitions to a new assignment at the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office.
• We present Advance Planning Manager Anne Wells with the City of Goleta 15 year pin and thank her for all she has accomplished, and continues to accomplish, for the betterment of the City.
• City Council chooses a Mayor Pro Tempore for the next year from the members of the City Council.
• The City discusses the Ekwill Street and Fowler Road Extensions Project in Old Town Goleta which is considered one of the highest priority transportation projects for the City. The City Council will consider a Resolution of Necessity to acquire through the eminent domain process, a portion of private property necessary to construct the project. By doing this, the City can meet its target start construction date for the project.
• Housing Element GPA: This proposed General Plan Amendment would extend affordable, inclusionary housing requirements, which currently only apply to for-sale housing projects, to rental housing projects as well.
• City Council will continue its discussion, begun on November 5, of the City’s draft New Zoning Ordinance. Focus will be on key topic areas, including noticing, permitting of city projects, and stream protection areas, as well as other items and issues raised in public comment.