Boards & Commissions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Welcome to the City of Goleta Commissions, Boards and Committees information site. Many Goleta citizens give their time to assist and advise the City Council on issues facing the legislative body. Service on City Boards, Commissions and Committees is one of the principal means by which citizens can participate in city government and they play a vital role in bringing transparency, change, and growth to the City of Goleta.


The City of Goleta is looking to fill a position for a Licensed Landscape Professional (Landscape Architect or Landscape Contractor) on the Design Review Board. The Design Review Board meets the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at 3:00 p.m. Compensation is $50.00 per meeting. Application period open until filled.

Additional information about the vacancies can be provided by emailing or by contacting Deborah Lopez, City Clerk at (805) 961-7505. 

The City Clerk’s Department administers the opening, notification, application and appointment process for Boards, Commissions and Committee vacancies. Please follow the links below for information about each board and commission, membership, applicants, applications, websites, and agendas. Individuals may serve on only one commission, board, or committee at any given time, in accordance with Resolution No. 13-17, entitled “A Resolution of the City of Goleta, California, Establishing a Policy for City Commissions and Boards Relating to Service on City Commissions and Boards” (adopted 3/18/2013).

Applications for all open Boards and Commissions may be submitted online at Additional information can be provided by emailing