The most recent City of Goleta COVID-19 information is available at The Santa Barbara County Public Health Department Public Information Portal can be found at

Temporary Electronic Payments

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

City of Goleta Finance Department Updates

The Finance Department is doing its part to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 (coronavirus). In order to help protect the health and safety of our community, the City is implementing enhanced measures to limit transmission between employees and the public.

As a result, we have suspended public counter services and will not able to accept cash or mailed check payments until further notice.

We are only accepting email submissions for all business license applications and tax remittance forms. Payments may be made online only at this time.

Please see below for additional information:

Online payments (eChecks, credit cards, debit cards) will require a reference number before submitting payment. For further information and instructions, please visit:

PAY BY ACH or Wire:
To have funds electronically transferred to the City of Goleta’s bank account through ACH or Wire, obtain a Reference ID from the City of Goleta Department you are working with.

Then submit a request with your contact name, phone number, and Reference ID to Finance will confirm with the other department and email you instructions. Once your payment has cleared City of Goleta's bank, Finance will notify the department that payment has been deposited. Please be aware that incoming payments listed as "Pending" by City of Goleta's bank must wait until the next business day for Finance to confirm.

City of Goleta does not charge additional fees for this method, but a customer's bank might. Please check with your bank for fees.

In order to allow for timely and proper application of payment/credit to your account, please contact the following department to receive a reference information:

If paying for:


Contact Email:

Building Permit

Building & Safety

Business License


Film Permit

Neighborhood Services

Encroachment Permits

Public Works - Engineering

Park Reservation

City Hall Reception

Planning Permit

Planning Environmental & Review

Special Events

Neighborhood Services

Taxes and Other Fees



If you have any questions or are unable to pay online please email