The most recent City of Goleta COVID-19 information is available at The Santa Barbara County Public Health Department Public Information Portal can be found at

Uncashed Checks

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City of Goleta maintains a listing of all accounts payable checks that are at least one year old and have not been cashed. After three years, unclaimed items in excess of $15 must be published once a week, for two consecutive weeks, in a general circulation newspaper. in accordance with California Government Code Sections 50050 - 50056, if a claim is not made within the specified time period, the funds are transferred to the City’s general fund . Below is a listing of checks that are one to three years old, and have never been cashed, and have not yet been transferred to the City’s general fund.

A party of interest may file an Escheated Money Claim Form at any time until the date on which the money becomes the property of the City. Upon receipt of the information and documents required prior to the Escheatment Date, the Finance Director may release the money to the depositor, or heir, beneficiary or duly appointed representative.

Click here for the City's Escheatment Policy for Unclaimed Money

Questions can be directed to (805) 961-7500 or email

Unclaimed Money - Performance Security/Deposit Cases

Unclaimed Money - Stale Dated Checks