- Goleta Community Wildfire Protection Plan (12 MB)
- Resolution No. 12-21 - Approval of Community Wildfire Protection Plan - March 2012
- CWPP Informational Sheet
On October 19, 2010, the City Council authorized a contract with Geo Elements, LLC for preparation of a city-wide Wildland Fire Plan. In addition to gathering background information to develop an understanding of the City's fire history, the initial data collection work effort included an evaluation of City policy considerations and management approaches, sensitive environmental resource areas, infrastructure locations, and critical data gaps.
Upon completion of the data collection effort Geo Elements, conducted a hazard assessment, risk assessment, and developed a fire hazard mitigation plan. Together, these elements formed the bases of the Community Wildfire Prevention Plan (CWPP). The City of Goleta City Council reviewed and approved the CWPP as a Programmatic Plan on March 20, 2012.
Public outreach for this project occurred on February 23, 2011 and October 13, 2011 to solicit public input and to inform the community as to the outcome of the CWPP analytical process and available implementation tools.
Material from the workshop can be viewed by following the links below:
- Community Wildfire Protection Plan Presentation -Workshop 1- February 23, 2011 -
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Summary of Comments from Workshop 1 - February 23, 2011
- Community Wildfire Protection Plan - Workshop 2 - October 13, 2011
- Summary of Comments from Workshop 2 - October 13, 2011
To request additional information on this item, please contact Anne Wells, Advance Planning Manager at (805) 961-7557 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org