THIS PROJECT WAS WITHDRAWN BY THE APPLICANT ON DECEMBER 3, 2010.
IN August 2005, Venoco, Inc. submitted an application to the California State Lands Commission (CSLC), the County of Santa Barbara, and the City including the following:
- Adjustment of the existing PRC 3242.1 lease boundary to encompass the eastward section of the South Ellwood Field;
- Adjustment of the PRC 3120 lease boundary;
- Drilling of up to 40 new wells in the South Ellwood Field from Platform Holly on both the existing leases and proposed project area;
- Replacement of the existing crane on Platform Holly;
- Replacement of the existing utility pipeline and subsea power cable between the EOF and Platform Holly;
- Various improvements at the EOF, including a new power generation plant;
- Construction of a new 6-inch diameter, 8.5-mile onshore pipeline to transport oil from the Ellwood Onshore Facility (EOF) to the Plains Pipeline, L.P. (PPLP) Coasta Pipeline system at Las Flores Canyon (LFC); and,
- Decommissioning of the Ellwood Marine Terminal and Line 96.
CSLC is the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Lead Agency for this project, and the City, County and California Coastal Commission (CCC) are Responsible Agencies under CEQA. As such, the preparation of the Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the project is managed by the CSLC in coordination with the County, City and CCC via a Joint Review Panel. A public draft of the EIR was released in June 2008. No further processing of this application will occur as the applicant withdrew the application on December 3, 2010.
- CSLC (Lead Agency): Eric Gillies, (916) 574-1897 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- City of Goleta: Anne Wells, (805) 961-7557 or email@example.com
- County of Santa Barbara Energy Division: Kevin Drude, (805) 568-2519 or Kevin@co.santa-barbara.ca.us
- California Coastal Commission: Alison Dettmer, (415) 904-5205 or firstname.lastname@example.org