In July of 2014, Venoco received approval from the City of Goleta Planning Commission to decommission the existing Line 96 pipeline. The project must be completed within 18 months of the July 28, 2014 approval date. Ellwood Pipeline, Inc. obtained a Coastal Development Permit (CDP) from the California Coastal Commission (CCC) for the portions of the Line 96 Decommissioning Project located in the Coastal Zone on October 6, 2015. The CCC staff report for the CDP can be downloaded below. Phase 1 of the project, which involved grouting the entire pipeline, was completed on July 15, 2016. Phase 2, which involves removing portions of the pipeline along Phelps Road on Goleta Unified School District and University of California Santa Barbara properties, is scheduled for late September 2016.
The Mitigated Negative Declaration and other materials can be found at the links below.
- 6-30-16 Construction Notice
- 6-16-16 Construction Notice
- 10-6-15 CCC Staff Report for CDP Application
- 7-18-14 Notice of Intent to Adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration and Public Hearing
- Line 96 Decommissioning Project Final IS/MND July, 2014 (12mb)
- 6-2-14 Notice of Availability and Hearing
- Line 96 Decommissioning Project Draft IS/MND May, 2014 (11.1mb)