749/759 Ward Drive - Renovations and Parcel Map
749/759 Ward Drive, Goleta
Case No. 15-126-TPM-DP
Pete Ehlen, of East Beach Ventures, has requested approval of the 749/759 Ward Drive - Renovations and Parcel Map (Project) on behalf of The Mark Family Trust, property owner. The project description and location are provided below. The City has completed a Final Negative Declaration (Final ND) for the Project.
The project requests approval of a Tentative Parcel Map (TPM) to subdivide the existing lot into two separate lots. Proposed Lot 1 would be 2.164 gross acres and would contain the building addressed as 749 Ward Drive. Proposed Lot 2 would be 1.253 gross acres and would contain the building addressed as 759 Ward Drive. The parcel map will also include an approximately 10 foot right of way dedication along the Ward Drive frontage.
The project also requests approval of a Development Plan (DP) for each lot to regulate the existing development on each of the two proposed lots. Development Plan A would regulate the development on Proposed Lot 1 (749 Ward) and Development Plan B would regulate the development on Proposed Lot 2 (759 Ward). The DP’s will also include the following improvements to the existing developed site:
- Redesigning of the Project Site to increase parking from 53 spaces to 118 spaces, and landscaping will be increased from 12 percent to approximately 30 percent. The site changes will be accomplished through the removal of an existing outdoor storage area and reconfiguration of the parking; thereby resulting in additional parking spaces and landscaping.
- The west elevation of 749 Ward Drive will be elevated approximately two feet to allow for truck loading. The driveway approach to the parking lot between the two buildings will be reduced in width from 65 feet to 50 feet.
- Remodeling the exterior facades of both buildings, including the addition of a new covered walkway along the east building façades.
- Interior remodeling of 749 Ward to remove the existing mezzanine and redoing the ground floor so it is one level within the building.
- Remodeling the building at 759 Ward to remove approximately 2,900 square feet of second floor area in order to create one single industrial tenant space. The resulting building will have approximately 8,100 square feet of interior space.
In addition, modifications to setbacks are proposed as follows:
- The placement of parking in the front setback area along Ward Drive for both proposed Lotl 1 and Lot 2.
- The placement of parking in the side yard setbacks for both proposed Lot 1 and Lot 2.
- The placement of the existing buildings and new patio covers in the front setback along Ward Drive for both proposed Lot 1 and Lot 2.
- The placement of the existing building on proposed Lot 1 within the rear yard setback of Lot 1.
The project is located within the Coastal area of the City of Goleta at 749/759 Ward Drive. The triangular shaped property encompasses a total of 3.4 acres within the coastal zone. The land use designation is Business Park (I-BP) and zoned Industrial Research Park (M-RP) – Coastal. APNs: 071-170-035 and 071-170-014.
Comments on the Final ND and questions regarding the project and/or review process can be directed to Kathy Allen, Supervising Senior Planner at email@example.com or 805-961-7545.