If you have information regarding an illicit discharge (pollution being dumped or discharged into the storm drain system) into storm drains, ditches, swales, creeks, lakes, streets, or directly into a waterway within the City of Goleta, call the Storm Water Hotline at 805-961-7570.
The following may be signs or examples of illicit discharge:
- Foam, excess bubbles, a chalky or milky appearance in a ditch, creek or waterway
- A strange odor coming from a storm drain
- Someone draining or pouring auto fluids (motor oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, etc) or chemicals on the street or into a storm drain
- Wastewater piped to a creek or ditch (i.e. from a washing machine, floor drain)
- Washing equipment outdoors using chemicals
- Sediment flowing off a construction site
- Sanitary sewer (wastewater) spills should be reported to the Goleta Sanitary District or Goleta West Sanitary District immediately.