Stow Grove Park, located on La Patera Road (map), is the City's most diverse park. The park offers something for everyone. It is a beautiful park with stunning redwood groves and native plants, and sycamore, oak and eucalyptus trees. Park amenities include a softball field, two volleyball courts, horseshoes, open lawn and playground, restrooms, BBQ grills, benches and picnic tables. It is an ideal park for a family or company picnic.
Stow Grove Park is the only City park that takes reservations. (Girsh Park is a private park and Goleta Beach Park is run by Santa Barbara County.) There are also a number of parks with picnic tables available on a fist-come, first-serve basis within the City. Click here for more information.
To reserve Stow Grove Park
Contact City Hall at (805)961-7500, or download the 2019 Stow Grove Park Reservation Form and return the form with payment to:
City of Goleta
Stow Grove Park Reservation
130 Cremona Drive, Suite B
Goleta, CA 93117
Click here to make an online payment.
All reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. Payment for site fee plus cleaning deposit, along with a completed and signed original Park Reservation Application, must be received before your reservation can be confirmed.
Fees are charged according to seasonal demand and are non-refundable, except for rain or hazardous wind conditions, or if a confirmed reservation is cancelled 14 days or more prior to the reservation date. Low demand periods are Monday through Thursday non-holidays, 9/01 through 6/01; High demand periods are all other times.
A $25.00 administrative fee is included in the rate and is non-refundable.
The $150.00 cleaning deposit is refundable, providing the area is maintained and left in the same condition as it was prior to the event date. Refunds due will be refunded by check and issued within three (3) weeks after the event date.
Call (805) 961-7500 to check on area availability.
In order to make the park experience positive for all users, please observe these guidelines:
- The park opens at 8:00 a.m. and closes at sunset. The parking lot gate is locked at sunset. Please plan to be out by the time posted on the sign, reflecting sunset for that day.
- Areas not reserved (no City sign posted) are available the day of on a first come, first served basis AFTER 8:00 a.m. There is no charge for use of the area but no bouncers are allowed. Items left before 8:00 a.m. to hold a spot will be removed.
- Amplified sounds and music must not disturb or annoy others or interfere with the peaceful enjoyment of the park. City employees have the authority to require guests to restrict or refrain from the use of audio devices in the park. (Goleta Municipal Code Chapters 9.09 and 12.15)
- Please limit the number of persons in your group to the designated size of the area you have reserved.
- Permits are required for party activities such as inflatable bouncers.
- Only one bouncer per day is allowed in the park. Bouncers are allowed only in Stow Grove Areas 2 & 3.
- Food, drinks, or alcoholic beverages may not be sold without prior written authorization from the City.
- No open flames are allowed except in City provided grills. This restriction includes personal BBQ grills, pits, taco carts and cookers.
- All vendors must be approved by the City.
- The use of staples or tacks damages park structures and tables and is prohibited on all fences, tables, posts, etc.
- Please put all trash and litter in cans provided. You are expected to restore the area to the condition in which it was found.
- Do not put hot ashes in trash cans.
- Parking is limited and cannot be reserved. Please arrive early and consider carpooling.
- Vehicles are NOT allowed on grass or past the parking lot – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. Please clean up after your pet.
- HAVE FUN & ENJOY YOUR VISIT!
- Stow Park Reservation Request Application
- Stow Park Reservation CHANGE Request
- Indemnification Agreement (Special Use)
If outside caterers, vendors or equipment will be used, the vendor or equipment supplier must complete this Indemnification Agreement and submit the signed original to the City of Goleta prior to your event.
- Permit to Sell Alcohol - City of Goleta Application
Complete the top portion and return to the City of Goleta for processing. Once approved, a copy will be returned to you for submission with your permit application to the Alcohol Beverage Control Board (ABC issues the alcohol permit not the City of Goleta).