Help us name the City's newest park at Hollister & Kellogg Avenues!
The City of Goleta is excited that the park at Hollister & Kellogg Avenues is underway and will be open early in the Spring of 2019. The new park, the first large park developed by the City of Goleta, is located at 170 South Kellogg Avenue. It will be complete with open space, picnic shelters, playground structures, walking paths, game tables, skate plaza and more. We are asking you for your input on what we should name this exciting, new park.
To participate, follow these quick, easy steps! The entry deadline is 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 20, 2018.
- View the design of the new park, and get your creativity flowing.
- Submit online via SurveyMonkey your name suggestion with a brief explanation as to why it is the best name for this park. Click here to make your online name submission using a form in Spanish.
- The City’s Naming Committee will review the submissions and recommend the top five (5) submissions to be considered by the Goleta Parks & Recreation Commission at their regular meeting on October 3, 2018 for a final recommendation to the Naming Committee.
- A recommendation from the Naming Committee, along with all finalists, will be presented to the Goleta City Council on October 16th for final selection.
- Finalists will receive gift cards to local businesses. The runner-up, if applicable, will receive a $25 card and the winner will receive a $75 card.In the case of duplicate entries, the first entry to be received will be recognized.
- Student groups are encouraged to participate.If a group entry is chosen, the award will go to the group’s affiliated school or organization.
Participants can also submit their entry by mail or in person to Goleta City Hall at 130 Cremona Drive, Suite B, Goleta, CA 93117 ATTN:Park Naming Contest. Download the form here. The form is also available here in Spanish.