The City is currently considering amendments to the Cannabis Business License Ordinance (Ord. No. 18-02), Cannabis Land Use Ordinance (Ord. No. 18-03), and associated amendments to the City's General Plan. Information on meetings related to this effort can be found below.
- Planning Commission Resolution No. 19-02 CEQA Addendum Recommendation
- City Council Resolution No. 19-20 CEQA Addendum
- City Council Resolution No. 19-21 General Plan Amendments
On April 16, 2019, the City Council adopted amendments to the Cannabis Business License Ordinance and adopted Cannabis User Fees. The ordinance will be effective 30 days following the second reading, scheduled for a public hearing on May 7, 2019. The ordinance and user fee resolution will be posted when available.
On April 16, 2019, the City Council approved a CEQA Addendum to the General Plan (Resolution No. 19-20), previously recommended for adoption by the Planning Commission (Resolution No. 19-02), and associated amendments to the City's General Plan (Resolution No. 19-21). The City is currently considering amendments to the Cannabis Land Use Ordinance (Ord. No. 18-03) and on April 16, 2019, continued the hearing regarding the land use ordinance amendments to June 4, 2019. Information on meetings related to this effort can be found below.
On March 11, 2019, the Planning Commission considered making recommendations to the City Council regarding amendments to the Cannabis Land Use Ordinance and General Plan. Materials from that hearing can be found below:
On January 23, 2019, the City Council held a public workshop to review and provide staff feedback on the proposed General Plan and ordinance amendments. Staff presented eight, specific, commercial cannabis-related issues and received guidance from Council and feedback from the public. Materials from that workshop can be found below:
- Staff Report
- Powerpoint Presentation
- Written Public Comment Received
- Workshop Minutes
- Video of the Workshop
On October 2, 2018, the City Council initiated the process of a General Plan amendment to consider allowable cannabis uses in the Land Use Element Tables 2-1 through 2-4 and an ordinance amendment to reconsider uses, locations, and buffers. Materials from that hearing can be found below:
Staff will continue to update this website page when new information is released to the public.
To stay informed on issues relating to this topic, sign up here to receive the City’s email and text notifications.
Meetings & Workshops
Information on past meetings and workshops related to the original adoption of City cannabis ordinances that have been held are available here.
For a business license application and instructions, go to www.cityofgoleta.org/city-hall/finance/business-license-program/cannabis-business-license. You must schedule an appointment with the finance department to submit your business license application and fee, as outlined on our Cannabis Business License page in the link above.
Cannabis Application Materials
- Planning Permit Application
- Cannabis Uses Permit Supplemental Application
- Environmental Questionnaire
- Fact Sheet updated 8-10-18
- Parking Standards for Cannabis Businesses
Cannabis Application Fees
- Land Use Permit (LUP): $1,000 deposit
- Conditional Use Permit (CUP - Minor or Major): $3,433 deposit
Ordinances and Resolutions
- Business License Ordinance (Ord. No. 18-02)
- Land Use Ordinance (Ord. No. 18-03)
- Business License Application and Regulatory License Fee Program (Reso. No. 18-36)
- Procedures for Review of Commercial Cannabis Business License Applications (Reso. No. 18-37)
Cannabis Land Use Ordinance Public Comment
- Comment Log (as of 6/20/18)
- August 11 - August 21, 2017 Comments
- August 22 - October 23, 2017 Comments
- October 23 - October 30, 2017 Comments
- November 1 - November 21, 2017 Comments
- November 22, 2017 - January 25, 2018 Comments
- January 26, 2018 - April 19, 2018 Comments
- April 20, 2018 - April 26, 2018 Comments
- April 27, 2018 - June 12, 2018 Comments
- June 13, 2018 - June 20, 2018 Comments