The most recent City of Goleta COVID-19 information is available at The Santa Barbara County Public Health Department Public Information Portal can be found at

Cannabis Regulations

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
On June 18, 2019, City Council conducted a second reading of the new Cannabis Land Use Ordinance and adopted a Resolution Establishing Rules for the Management of the Retail Cannabis Priority List. The new Cannabis Land Use Ordinance includes the following changes: moving the licensing of cannabis businesses away from a land use permit/conditional use permit to the business license review process (Ord. No 19-07); avoids overconcentration of storefront cannabis retailers in Old Town; protects sensitive receptors from potential adverse influences of storefront cannabis retailers; and allows existing appropriate cannabis retail businesses to continue in place. The Ordinance and Resolution can be found below:

On May 7, 2019, City Council adopted an updated Cannabis Business License Ordinance (Ord. No. 19-07). The updated regulations are codified in Chapter 5.09 of the Goleta Municipal Code. The Goleta Municipal Code can be viewed here.

Application Information 

For a business license application and instructions, go to  You must schedule an appointment with the finance department to submit your business license application and fee, as outlined on our Cannabis Business License page in the link above.

Previous Ordinance

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer