On December 5, 2017, the City of Goleta committed to moving the city’s municipal facilities and community-wide electricity supply to 100% renewable power by 2030. The City also resolved to have at least 50 percent of electricity use by municipal facilities come from renewable sources by 2025. To meet these goals and to improve the reliability and resiliency of the local energy grid, the City of Goleta entered into an agreement with the County of Santa Barbara and the City of Carpinteria to work together to develop a regional strategic energy plan.Through this process, Goleta will be developing a city-specific roadmap to reach 100% renewable energy. The City of Santa Barbara is also working on a similar strategic energy plan. Collectively, we're working to address our region's energy needs and address the vulnerability of our regional energy system.
We invite you to attend a workshop, learn more, and share your feedback below.
Read the plan.
Comments can be made at one of the events listed below or provided directly to email@example.com.
- April 25, 2019 – City of Goleta Energy/Green Issues Standing Committee Meeting, Goleta City Hall, Conference Room 1, 3:30 pm -5:00 pm
- May 30, 2019 – City of Goleta Energy/Green Issues Standing Committee Meeting, Goleta City Hall, Conference Room 1, 9:00 am - 10:30 am
You can learn more about the regional plans and the collaborative, multi-jurisdictional efforts to improve our energy system here.
- April 5, 2019 – Strategic Energy Plan Workshop: Opportunity Zones, Santa Maria Business Development Center, 9:30 am - 12:00 pm - Flyer Here
- April 4, 2019 – Strategic Energy Plan Workshop: Agricultural Property Owners, Buellton Recreation Center, Room A, 4:30 pm - 6:30pm - Flyer Here
- April 3, 2019 – Strategic Energy Plan Workshop: Public Agencies, Carpinteria Veterans Memorial Building, Main Hall, 9:00 am -11:00 am
- March 14, 2019 – Strategic Energy Plan Stakeholder Symposium, Santa Barbara Central Library, Faulkner Gallery, 9am-1:30pm
- 9am-12pm: City of Santa Barbara Strategic Energy Plan Draft Findings & Discussion
- 12-1:30pm: Cities of Carpinteria and Goleta and County of Santa Barbara Strategic Energy Plan Project Updates & Discussion (lunch provided)
- March 13, 2019 – City of Goleta Energy/Green Issues Standing Committee Meeting, Goleta City Hall, Conference Room 1, 4-5:30pm
Questions about the process or progress of Goleta's strategic energy plan? Please contact:
Cindy Moore, Sustainability Coordinator